Latest news & events updates
29 January 2020
UAE retailer LuLu Group launched its new hypermarket in Dubai South’s new lifestyle destination, Festival Plaza Mall, which is close by a 15-minute drive from the state-of-the-art venue of this year’s most awaited world event, EXPO 2020. The new store was inaugurated by H.E Dawoud Al Hajri, Director General of Dubai Municipality, in the presence of Mr. Yusuff Ali M.A, Chairman and Managing Director of LuLu Group and other dignitaries.
Located within the commercial port and business hub of Jebel Ali, the new store will feature LuLu’s new design format of world-class layout and aesthetic lighting that mirror the combined contemporary approach and industrial style.
Yusuff Ali M.A., Chairman and Managing Director of LuLu Group, said: “We are glad to launch another beautiful hypermarket that will provide a world-class shopping experience not only to the residents living within the area, but also to the tourists and business enthusiasts coming to the UAE for EXPO 2020, the biggest event in the Arab world. Over the years of catering to different nationalities, we have seen the growing demand for internationally sourced products. This is why it will be our continuous commitment to offer high-quality products at the most affordable prices in the market.”
“Al-Futtaim Malls is most excited to welcome LuLu Hypermarket to our newest mall property, Festival Plaza. We have worked together with the Lulu Group to create an offer that will be a valuable addition to south Dubai, just in time for EXPO 2020. This new concept outlet from the Lulu Group with its excellent selection of product, gives communities in our trade area the perfect choice for their everyday convenience,” shared Timothy Earnest, Group Director of Al-Futtaim Malls.
Spread across more than 56,000 square feet of total built-up area, the new store which is also group’s 186th world-wide, will house a massive collection of globally sourced and local products alike in its supermarket division, household section, and hot food stations of world cuisines. It is the very first branch to introduce LuLu’s coffee shop concept, which highlights a well-crafted menu of international café-inspired dishes, premium coffee selection and smoothies, and freshly baked breads and cakes that are made available at budget-friendly price points.
Festival Plaza, Dubai’s newest mall and entertainment venue, houses a carefully selected mix of brands from the best of various niche for home, food, hypermarket, fashion, health and beauty, and entertainment. With LuLu on the credible list along with IKEA and ACE concept stores, the lifestyle complex will definitely appeal to visitors who are looking for a convenient and welcoming place to shop.
With 186 stores operating worldwide, LuLu has continuously been exerting its greatest efforts to provide and sustain the supply of global products at the best rates. With the excellent combination of high-quality offerings and organised logistics system, LuLu remains to be the favourite shopping destination in the UAE when it comes to a broader selection of international products.
- LuLu introduces INAUGURAL OFFERS on a wide variety of products, from grocery favourites to hot food and household essentials, which will be exclusively available in the new store.
- SELF CHECKOUT COUNTERS are readily made available for easy and convenient shopping for customers on the go.
- A new concept and the first among its stores worldwide, LuLu’s COFFEE SHOP offers a convenient space to welcome customers in a sit-down setting. The menu boasts a delicious combination of freshly made egg-based breakfast staples, gourmet sandwiches for all-day delights, and hot and cold beverages with additions of healthy drinks, such as flavoured detox water selections and sugar-free smoothies.
- The BAKERY OFFERS HEALTHY SPECIALITY PRODUCTS. A new range of cream cakes with gluten-free ingredients and sugar-free options is available along with soft-sliced healthy breads like kraft korn, fibre-rich, multi-grain, Norlander, and protein. Sugar-free and egg-free cookies and muffins will surely satisfy your diet plan.
- 85% OF THE STORE IS THE GROCERY DIVISION where an international array of products puts the main spotlight on grocery products, health and beauty essentials, delicatessen, roastery, and fresh fruits and vegetables. Speciality products are on shelves like vegan, vegetarian, organic, gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free.
- The meat and fish section allows you to indulge in PREMIUM CUTS and ORGANIC SELECTION, such as Australian Wagyu beef steaks together with organic beef and chicken options. Fresh off the hook, the seafood offerings highlight live lobsters, organic Norwegian salmon, Scottish salmon, Dibba oysters, and fresh mussels.
- The HOUSEHOLD CATEGORY features kitchen appliances and accessories, car accessories, home décor and furnishing needs, and outdoor products for fishing, camping, gardening, and barbecue all under one roof.